git town for an overview of all Git Town commands and
git town help <command> for help with individual commands. You can call each
Git Town command like
git town <command>. This user manual displays the
commands in the shorter form available after enabling aliases through the
Commands to create, work on, and ship features.
- git hack - create a new feature branch
- git sync - update the current branch with all ongoing changes
- git switch - switch between branches visually
- git propose - propose to ship a branch
- git ship - deliver a completed feature branch
Commands to deal with edge cases.
- git kill - delete a feature branch
- git rename-branch - rename a branch
- git repo - view the Git repository in the browser
Commands to develop, review, and ship parts of a larger feature as multiple connected branches.
- git append - create a new feature branch as a child of the current branch
- git prepend - create a new feature branch between the current branch and its parent
- git town set-parent - change the parent of a feature branch
- git town diff-parent - display the changes made in a branch
Commands to deal with merge conflicts.
- git continue - continue after you resolved the merge conflict
- git skip - when syncing all branches, ignore the current branch and continue with the next one
- git town status - display available commands
- git undo - undo the last completed Git Town command
Commands that help install Git Town on your computer.
- git town aliases - add or remove shorter aliases for Git Town commands
- git town completion - generate completion scripts for Bash, zsh, fish & PowerShell.
- git town version - display the installed version of Git Town
Commands that help adapt Git Town's behavior to your preferences.