git town for an overview of all Git Town commands and
git town help <command> for help with individual commands. You can call each
Git Town command like
git town <command>. This user manual displays the
commands in the shorter form available after running
git town aliases.
Commands to create, work on, and ship features.
- git hack - create a new feature branch
- git sync - update the current branch with all ongoing changes
- git switch - switch between branches visually
- git new-pull-request - create a new pull request
- git ship - deliver a completed feature branch
Commands to deal with edge cases.
- git kill - delete a feature branch
- git prune-branches - remove all merged branches
- git rename-branch - rename a branch
- git repo - view the Git repository in the browser
Commands to develop, review, and ship parts of a larger feature simultaneously in multiple branches.
- git append - create a new feature branch as a child of the current branch
- git prepend - create a new feature branch between the current branch and its parent
- git town set-parent - change the parent of a feature branch
- git town diff-parent - display the changes made in a branch
Commands to deal with merge conflicts.
- git continue - continue after you resolved the merge conflict
- git abort - abort and undo the currently failing command
- git skip - when syncing all branches, ignore the current branch and continue with the next one
- git town status - display available commands
- git undo - undo the last completed Git Town command
Commands that help install Git Town on your computer.
- git town aliases - add or remove shorter aliases for Git Town commands
- git town completion - generate completion scripts for Bash, zsh, fish & PowerShell.
- git town version - display the installed version of Git Town
Commands that help adapt Git Town's behavior to your preferences.
- git town config - display or update your Git Town configuration
- git town push-new-branches - configure whether to push new empty branches to origin
- git town main-branch - display/set the main development branch for the current repo
- git town offline - enable/disable offline mode
- git town perennial-branches - display or update the perennial branches for the current repo
- git town pull-branch-strategy - display or set the strategy to update perennial branches
- git town sync-strategy - display or update whether feature branches get rebased or merged